We take privacy seriously and are committed to providing you with clear and comprehensive information on how your personal data is collected and used.
We require users to agree to this policy before using www.geetech.mc, so we recommend that you take the time to read this document carefully. If you have any questions, please contact Geetech on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Geetech and our registered business address is Le Panorama A/B, 57 rue Grimaldi, 98000 Monaco.
Geetech will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
Personal data we collect
The personal data we collect on our customers could include some or all of the following: name, address, email, phone number, name of yacht, job title xxxxxx anything else? xxxx
How do we collect your data?
The ways in which we collect your data could include some or all of the following channels.
- Via using one of our services. When you enter into a contract with us for one or several of our services, your data will be entered into our database.
- Via website contact form – If you use the form on our contact page to send an enquiry, we will collect your name and email address to respond to you.
- Via online purchase – When you purchase a product at www.geetech.mc your data goes directly into our database.
- Via follow up to meeting – When you exchange business cards with a Geetech representative, we would like to contact you afterwards. Sharing business cards will
- not automatically denote that you are added to a direct mailing list, but you will be contacted according to the purpose discussed at the original meeting.
- Via telephone or email enquiry – when you contact us, we will collect your contact details to be able to assist with your enquiry.
- Via external online software – Occasionally, we may use third-party software for event registrations, forms, surveys for example. Data collected from these secure third-party applications is transferred to our database for lawful processing. Interaction with third-party software is also governed by the software provider’s own privacy policies.
What do we use your personal data for?
We may use the information that we collect from you in the following ways:
- To bill you and process payments sent to us and to send receipts.
- To email or call you regarding your order.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products in which you are most interested.
- To send you other content which you may opt in or out of including:
- Regulatory or industry updates
- Promotions and special offers
- News from Geetech
Our communications with customers can be by email or by phone.
If at any time, you change your mind on your mailing preferences, you may opt out of certain types of mailings, or unsubscribe from them completely. When we send you a marketing email, there is a link to action this in the footer. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com to change your options.
Please note that if you have contracted us to do a job, or have purchased something through our site, although you can opt out marketing mailings, we will still need to contact you in connection with your order. This is lawful processing of your data based on the terms of your purchase.
Credit card details
Payment for our services is usually via bank transfer or cheque. We do not store any Credit Card details.
The payment processor ‘Stripe’ may also provide us with information including your name, credit card type, expiration date, and the last four digits of your credit card number, but never the full card details.
We also use Google Analytics and Facebook Adverts Manager. When you visit our website, these embedded third parties automatically collect and store information about your device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) technical information about your device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (c) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; and (d) statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns.
Google Analytics and Facebook Adverts Manager place several persistent cookies on your computer’s hard drive. These do not collect any personal data. If you do not agree to this you can disable persistent cookies in your browser. This will prevent the third parties from logging your visits.
Where we hold and process your personal data
All digital personal information held by Geetech is held on servers hosted by xxxxx. You can read about xxxxxxx’s own data security measures here.
Access to the data held is restricted to certain authorised Geetech employees.
We use a third-party email marketing program, Mailchimp and some of your personal data is stored by that company. You can read about Mailchimp’s own data security measures here.
We aim to process your personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security. However you acknowledge that no system is completely safe. Should a data breach occur, Geetech will notify you immediately through email and notifications on our website and social media.
You have the right to obtain from us a copy of the personal data that we hold for you, and to require us to correct errors in the personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You also have the right at any time to require that we delete your personal data. To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cease to be a client, we will retain your personal information for 10 years following your last order, unless you request it to be deleted prior to that.
If you receive marketing communications from us, we will retain your contact data until you opt out of receiving such communications.
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time. If this should happen, Geetech will notify you immediately through email and notifications on our website and social media.
Should you have questions or comments about the terms of this policy, you can contact:
Laura Todorut (Geetech Data Protection Officer)